|1||Hooked On Polkas||(3:50)|
Music By – Ray Davies
|3||Girls Just Want To Have Lunch|
Music By – Robert Hazard
|5||Sharp Dressed Man|
|7||Bang Your Head|
|8||Method Of Modern Love|
|9||George Of The Jungle|
Performer [Special Appearance] – Bill Scott Written-By – Sheldon Allman, Stan Worth
|10||I Want A New Duck|
Music By – Chris Hayes, Huey Lewis
|11||What's Love Got To Do With It|
|12||Like A Surgeon|
Music By – Billy Steinberg And Tom Kelly
|13||This Is The Life|
Engineer – George Tutko
|14||Owner Of A Lonely Heart|
|15||Slime Creatures From Outer Space||4:20|
|16||Ear Booker Polka|
|17||Dare To Be Stupid||3:24|
|19||State Of Shock|
Backing Vocals – Waters Sisters, The
|22||12th Street Rag|
|23||One More Minute||4:02|
|24||We're Not Going To Take It|
- Arranged By – Al Yankovic
- Art Direction – Lane/Donald
- Banjo – Al Viola
- Bass Guitar, Banjo, Backing Vocals – Steve Jay
- Clarinet – Joel Peskin
- Drums, Percussion – Jon "Bermuda" Schwartz
- Engineer – Tony Papa (tracks: A1 to B3, B5, B6)
- Guitar – Rick Derringer
- Guitar, Backing Vocals – Jim West
- Illustration – Lou Beach
- Lead Vocals, Backing Vocals, Accordion, Keyboards, Theremin – "Weird Al" Yankovic
- Lyrics By – Al Yankovic (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B3)
- Management – Jay Levey
- Performer [Musical Hands] – "Musical Mike" Kieffer
- Photography By – Dennis Keeley
- Piano – Sonny Burke
- Producer – Rick Derringer
- Saxophone – Jimmy Zavala
- Saxophone, Clarinet – Gary Herbig
- Scratches – Glove, The
- Synthesizer, Piano – Pat Regan
- Trumpet – Warren Luening
- Tuba – Tommy Johnson
- Written-By – Al Yankovic (tracks: A2, A4, B2, B4, B5)
NotesRecorded at Santa Monica Sound Recorders.
Mixed and mastered digitally using the Mitsubishi X-80 system.
A1: Madonna's "Like A Virgin"
A3: Huey Lewis And The News' "I Want A New Drug"
A5: The Kinks' "Lola"
B3: Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want To Have Fun"
Track A1 published by Billy Steinberg Music, Denise Barry Music (ASCAP), Brigitte Baby Publishing, Pollfer Publishing (BMI)
Track A3 published by Hulex Music (BMI)
Track A5 published by Davray Music Limited and Carlin Music Corp.
Track B1 published by Jay Ward Publishing (BMI)
Track B3 published by Heroic Music (ASCAP)
Tracks A2, A4, B2, B4, B5 published by Ear Booker Music, Holy Moley Music (BMI)
Publishing info for B6 is not listed.
- Barcode (Printed): 0 7464-40033-1
- Barcode (Scanned): 074644003314
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Etched): AL 40033 2D MORE SONGS ABOUT TELEVISION AND FOOD P-AP
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Etched): BL 40033 1G P-T
- Matrix / Runout (Side 1 Stamped): STERLING
- Matrix / Runout (Side 2 Stamped): C STERLING O
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Manufactured By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Recorded At – Santa Monica Sound Recorders
- Published By – Billy Steinberg Music
- Published By – Denise Barry Music
- Published By – Brigitte Baby Publishing
- Published By – Polifer Publishing
- Published By – Hulex Music
- Published By – Davray Music Ltd.
- Published By – Carlin Music Corp.
- Published By – Jay Ward Publishing
- Published By – Heroic Music
- Published By – Ear Booker Music
- Published By – Holy Moley Music
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
Short introMusic video by Weird Al Yankovic performing Dare To Be Stupid. C 1985 Volcano Entertainment lll, LLC. Dare To Be Stupid - Weird Al Yankovic. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей. Dare to Be Stupid is an original song by Weird Al Yankovic. It is a musical pastiche or style parody of the band Devo. Lyrically, the song encourages the listener to be stupid in various ways mostly by advising them to do the opposite of common idioms e. let the bedbugs bite or put all your eggs in one basket, with the occasional absurd non sequitur e. stick your head in the microwave and get yourself a tan. The song also encourages the listener to . let your babies grow up to. Dare To Be Stupid is Weird Al Yankovic's third studio album, including the hit single Like A Surgeon. The album was originally released on Vinyl and Cassette and eventually CD. It was also re-issued on CD on the label Volcano Records. The album included 6 singles, being the record of the most singles on one Weird Al album. Listen album. Weird Al Yankovic. Songs in album Weird Al Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid 1985. Weird Al Yankovic - Like A Surgeon. Weird Al Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid. Weird Al Yankovic - I Want A New Duck. Weird Al Yankovic - One More Minute. Weird Al Yankovic - Yoda. Weird Al Yankovic - George Of The Jungle. Weird Al Yank. Dare to Be Stupid. Weird Al Yankovic. Released June 18, 1985. Dare to Be Stupid Tracklist. Like a Surgeon Lyrics. Текст песни: Put down that chainsaw and listen to me Its time for us to join in the fight Its time to let your babies grow up to be cowboys Its time to let the bedbugs bite You better put all your eggs in one to Be Stupid is the third album recorded by Weird Al Yankovic, released in 1985. Yankovic had one parody idea that was refused: A parody of Prince's hit When Doves Cry. Yankovic once stated in an interview that he had attempted to do a parody of When Doves Cry circa 1984. Alfred Matthew Weird Al Yankovic born October 23, 1959 in Downey, California is an American singer-songwriter, music producer, actor, comedian, satirist, accordion player and kazooist. Yankovic is known in particular for his humorous songs that make light of popular culture and that often parody specific songs by contemporary musical acts. It is true that Weird Al Yankovic went into this third album with a huge hit behind him, the first of several satires of Michael Jackson he would be involved in, entitled Eat It. And it is also true that only someone who is missing important brain cells would suggest this artist's original songs are any good, although there are a few small signs of improvement here on Dare to Be Stupid. Dare to Be Stupid is Als third album in a row produced by Rick Derringer. Yes, Rick Derringer the guitarist and producer, formerly of The McCoys Hang On Sloopy . Dare to Be Stupid was the first album of funny music ever released on compact disc. According to Dr. Dementos liner notes in the 1994 box set Permanent Record: Al in the Box. The first song released from the album was This is the Life. Dare to Be Stupid features the only faithful cover song Al has ever recorded. Its a version of the theme song from the cartoon George of the Jungle. Prince didnt grant Al permission to do a parody of When Doves Cry
Related to "Weird Al" Yankovic - Dare To Be Stupid
Frank Yankovic And His Orchestra - Fly Polka
Langner Sisters Meet Eddie Blazonczyk's Versatones - Polkas & Waltzes
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Running With Scissors
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Headline News
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Greatest Hits Volume II
Isaac Hayes - Love Attack
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Fat
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Alpocalypse
"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Official Music Of Weird Al Yankovic
Frankie Yankovic & His Yanks - Robbie's Polka / A Thing Of Beauty Is A Joy Forever